Intro

Tasting the best that Utah has to offer from Provo to Salt Lake City.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ruth's Diner Part II

For my first blog post I reviewed Ruth's Diner up Emigration canyon in SLC.  I focused on the fantastic dinner menu and experience at the diner and only briefly mentioned that they are famous for breakfast.  I am here to repent.  Their breakfast is so delicious that I might have to recommend eating there twice in one day, especially if you make the drive up from Provo.  Here are the highlights:

Your meal always starts with hot biscuits served with butter and sweet/tart raspberry jam.  The biscuits alone could make a meal.  But please, do yourself a favor and order.  May I suggest...

The pulled pork eggs Benedict.  Wow.  This is a dish unlike any I have tried, especially for breakfast.  You start with two pieces of green chile and cheese cornbread, top that with generous portions of pulled pork, follow that woth a perfectly poached egg, finished off with creamy, tangy hollandaise sauce.  The mixture of the smoky BBQ sauce and the rich hollandaise is incredible.  Seriously, if there weren't so many menu options I would get this every time.

Or you could go with the pecan cinnamon roll French toast.  Simply divine.  Two cinnamon rolls dipped in the custard and fried to perfection.  With every unravelling piece of the roll, this dish gets better and better.  They top it off with a lemon cream cheese mixture and hot maple syrup.  It doesn't get any better if you're looking for a sweet start to your day.

You have gotta try this place!  It is worth the drive, trust me.

HERE is the link to Ruth's website, complete with directions and complete menu.

Cheers! 

2 comments:

  1. do they deliver to north carolina? because you got me sold on this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may just have to try some of these places when we go up to Utah in Nov. and Dec. I love trying new places!

    ReplyDelete