Intro

Tasting the best that Utah has to offer from Provo to Salt Lake City.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Moochie's Meatballs

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, you know why?  I am getting sad and hungry sitting here at my computer without a Moochie's sandwich in my mouth.  Seriously, it's depressing.


If you drive east on 800 south in Salt Lake City, it is very likely that you would pass 232 east without a second glance...  What a stupid thing to do.  Find a parking spot and step inside for a taste of some of the best sandwiches around.
I saw this joint on DDD (see video below) and I knew I had to try it next time I went to Salt Lake.  But what about Ruth's Diner?  Could I sacrifice a trip to my can't miss diner in order to try this new place?  Solution: Moochie's for dinner, Ruth's for breakfast next day.  Bangarang. 

I ordered the Philly cheesesteak sandwich with sauted mushrooms and bell peppers.  If you like it with a little kick (like I do) you've gotta take advantage of their extensive pepper bar filled with jalapenos, cherry peppers, pepperoncinis, etc.  Oh, and don't forget the sauce as seen in the picture below--it's a creamy jalapeno sauce with just enough spice to tingle the back of your tongue.
The highlight of the sandwiches is the bread.  Somehow they find a way to keep it from getting soggy, so you end up with delicious, crusty, chewy bread as the platform for the delicious meats and sauces Moochie's has to offer.
My wife loved the meatball sandwich; the provolone cheese was hot and gooey and the meatballs were fantastic.  There is nothing bad to say about this place.


My one regret I had as I left was that I didn't get some of their fries.  They have regular and (my personal favorite) sweet potato fries which sent their deep-fried aroma through the air that made me want to ask the table next to me if I could try just one of their little beauties.  Give them a try.


Here is the video clip that had me hooked--until I tried it for myself and I was truly converted.


Click HERE to chek out Moochie's website for maps, directions, and the full delicious menu.  Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment